The project "Enhancing capacity of Vietnam's Startup Ecosystem" under Vietnam - Finland Innovative Partnership program, Phase 2 (IPP2). This is a support program co-sponsored by Vietnam and Finland government. The project has cooperation between Institute of Information Techonology for Business- ITB- VCCI Vietnam International Arbitration Centre at the Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry VIAC, Small and Medium-sized enterprises development fund SMEDF.
The objective of the project is to build a Vietnam startup ecosystem- GenVietnam: Starting from giving support information and knowledge related to startup business model, law advisory support and financial access support - practical and specific assistance to startups with new business ideas. In addition, the project aims to create a network connecting entrepreneurs, startups with investors, researchers, policy makers (expect until 2017, there are 30,000 Vietnam businesses, startups participating in the project) as well as connect to Global Entrepreurship Network GenGlobal.org, including 160 countries, 20,000 partners, 10 million people and connect with Vietnam startups network (genvietnam.net, vn.gew.co ) in order to create conditions for young entrepreneurs, startups integrate since startup.
The main activities of the project include:
Activity 1: Establish and enhance startup network
- Set up Information Center to support startup community called Genvietnam.net
- Establish Vietnam startup network -Genvietnam (Global Entrepreneurship Network- Vietnam).
Activity 2: Enhance capacity of Vietnam’s startup community through counseling.
The project set up 3 counseling tables to give advisory for enterprises and startup units:
- System of consulting and evaluating business models. Domestic and international experts will assess and advise innovative business model for the startup units, newly established enterprises and SMEs. This assessment will minimize risk, save investment costs, determine correct target market. (Http://genvietnam.net/vn/tu-van-va-danh-gia-mhkd.html)
- System of financial access, this activity helps to connect and find domestic and foreign financial sources, investors for start-up business, newly established enterprises or restructuring businesses. In this system, the experts will give efficient advice on accessing to financial resources for enterprises. (Http://genvietnam.net/vn/tu-van-tai-chinh.html)
- System of Law advisory, this activity helps to consult and solve problems related to Intellectual Property Rights, Law and Regulation of International Trade, Free Trade Agreement (FTA), business registration, trade disputes, etc (http://genvietnam.net/vn/tu-van-phap-luat.html)
Activity 3: Enhance capacity of Vietnam’s startup community through training workshops, seminars, sharing of experiences.
- Implement training seminar, domestic sharing experiences related to startup and innovation, business administration.
- Implement program conferences, solve problems and legal guidance for SMEs and Startup
- Implement a series of events in Global Entrepreneurship Week to promote entrepreneurial spirit across the globe (From 14-20 / 11/2016). 16/11/2016 – Organize Vietnam Startup Forum in Vietnam in 2016.
Activity 4: Cooperate with domestic and international experts, partners, members.
- Cooperate with global leadership consultants system of Asia Pacific, experts from business school of many famous universities in the world, experts system from Chamber of Commerce and Industry in the world.
Activity 5: Recommendation report about enhancing capacity of Vietnam’s startup ecosystem in 2016
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact person: Nguyen Thi Thu Hang- 0974375888.