GEN Sierra Leone’s mission is to galvanize, organize and energize a vibrant ecosystem that will support the growth of entrepreneurship in Sierra Leone.
To achieve our mission we shall:
- Map the ecosystem necessary to support entrepreneurship across Sierra Leone;
- Identify and implement high-impact programs and interventions to support latent and budding entrepreneurs in Sierra Leone, with the view of increasing the number of entrepreneurs;
- Create a forum for dialogue between politicians and the community of entrepreneurs (from start-ups to seasoned entrepreneurs), to foster a better understanding of the needs of entrepreneurs and provide input for better policies to support entrepreneurship;
- Create a platform for universities and centers of learning and research to test ideas in business and entrepreneurial settings; and
- Increase understanding between new and traditional elements of Sierra Leone’s economy through constructive engagement with broad-based coalitions of public and private sector leaders, to support smart, evidence-based programs and public policies to strengthen the ecosystem.
Our vision is
- To give every potential entrepreneur in Sierra Leone the opportunity to start a business, and to help established entrepreneurs realize their dreams.
GEN Sierra Leone will leverages GEN Global programs and initiatives including:
Global competitions – Startup Open, GITR, Creative Business Cup, Cleantech Open Global Ideas, Challenge Cup
Live international events such as the flagship GEC, the Startup Nations Summit, GEC+ and GEN Regional Meetups
A constant flow of new best-in-class entrepreneur support programs – including GBAN, Startup Compete, Startup Huddle, GEN Starters Club,
Research and Policy development and advocacy through Startup Nations, GERN and GEN research resources such as the GEI and independent Kauffman Foundation research.
The Management Team is as follows:
Acting Managing Director: Francis Stevens George
Ms. Assie Bangura
Mr. Amadu John Serry
Mr. Sheka Forna
Dr. Horace Francis Dove Edwin